[Samba] wbinfo on a PDC

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jpb at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Tue Apr 17 17:22:08 GMT 2007

Hiya,

My situation is that I have a PDC with LDAP and samba and a member
server with samba/winbind. I can get a full NT user and group listing
from the member server using  wbinfo but the PDC returns the error message.

Both give the same results when getent passwd and group are run and net
groupmap list produces identical groupmaps but the shares on the member
are inaccessable from client PCs.

All I really need to know is whether wbinfo -u & -g will produce a list
or users or groups on the PDC if it is correctly functioning or whether
the fact that it's a PDC makes wbinfo redundant. Is the failure to
produce a list a fault or a feature ;)

Cheers,

Jools