[Samba] Samba 3.0.24 - group permissions

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Apr 16 18:54:03 GMT 2007

Ralf,

One of the biggest changes (3.0.23b) is that if the group or user is a
domain group or user, it must be prefixed (no longer optional) with the
domain, e.g.
    valid users = DOMAIN\ralf, @DOMAIN\wireless.

See list of changes (especially 3.0.23 and higher) here:
    http://us4.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.24.html

and if needed:

http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.html#id331362

Dale