[Samba] Net getlocalsid error samba+ldap

Roland_Lepper at Liteonit.com Roland_Lepper at Liteonit.com
Fri Apr 13 11:46:59 GMT 2007

I have a last problem to finish my samba+LDAP installation.

When I do net getlocalsid is get this error:

pdb backend ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1 did not correctly init (error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER)
Warning: could not open passdb - local sid may not reflect passdb backend knowledge (such as the sid
is stored in LDAP)
SID for domain xx is : S-1-5-21- blah-blah-blah

I can connect to the domain, but can't join the domain because command smbpasswd -a root isn't
working either. I think related to above problem, cause wrong SID is specified in smbldap.conf.
This means I don't have an admin user who can join computers to the domain :-(

Please help to solve this issue.

thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Roland de Lepper