[Samba] Hybrid Mode for Security

Bob Mauti bob at facsman.com
Tue Apr 10 18:52:21 GMT 2007

Good Afternoon,

We are trying to setup SAMBA to use the security set as user, but would like
to have one share setup as shared without any user logins or passwords.

We are trying to setup the standard homes share that requires a user name a
password to access the person home directory and a public share that will
share /public directory without a user login/password. We are unable to get
both types of security to work together.  The help note mentions hybrid
mode, but no information about setup or examplers with it.

Our smb.conf file reads as of below:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.145.40 (192.168.145.40)
# Date: 2007/04/10 13:32:58

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = FACS
        ldap ssl = no
        hosts allow = 192.168.145.

[homes]

[public]
        path = /public
        username = smbuser
        force user = smbuser
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

Any suggestion or additional reading will be helpful.

Thanks
Bob Mauti
Support Supervisor
FACS Management