[Samba] NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Allan, Gordon R Gordon.Allan at royallondongroup.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 13:54:45 GMT 2007

Samba occasionally fails with the following. I have seen many questions
regarding this but no answers unfortunately. I am wondering what the
setting is where I can increase this time out value of 10000
milliseconds in case that specific request is just slow. This is called
many times a day and only just occasionally fails.

I have looked through the entire manual for smb.conf and can't find a
relevant parameters.

Many Thanks

rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:rpc_api_pipe(785)

rpc_api_pipe: Remote machine DCServer01 pipe \NETLOGON fnum
0xc005returned critical error. Error was Call timed out: server did not
respond after 10000 milliseconds
[2007/03/19 15:56:07, 0] auth/auth_domain.c:domain_client_validate(238)
domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user
ProcessManager in domain SLAC to Domain controller DCServer01. Error was
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.
[2007/03/19 15:56:07, 0] libsmb/clientgen.c:cli_rpc_pipe_close(369)
cli_rpc_pipe_close: cli_close failed on pipe \NETLOGON, fnum 0xc005 to
machine DCServer01. Error was Call timed out: server did not respond
after 10000 milliseconds
[2007/03/19 15:56:07, 2] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(315)
check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user [ProcessManager] ->
[ProcessManager] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Gordon Allan

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

At present the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. Therefore we will not accept liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit messages by or to the Royal London Group.

All incoming and outgoing e-mail communications are scanned automatically by software designed to quarantine e-mails containing material which is in contravention of our Company e-mail usage policy.

The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited for life and pension products
Registered in England and Wales No. 99604.
Registered Office: 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0RL

Royal London Asset Management Limited for investment management services
Registered in England and Wales No. 2244297.
Registered Office: 55 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0UF

Royal London Savings Limited for Individual Savings Accounts
Registered in England and Wales No. 3642633.
Registered Office: 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0RL

Royal London Unit Trust Managers Limited for unit trusts
Registered in England and Wales No. 2372439.
Registered Office: 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0UF

Royal London Marketing Limited acting as an insurance intermediary for general insurance products
Registered in England and Wales No. 4414137.
Registered Office 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0RL.

All the above Royal London group companies are authorised and regulated by The Financial Services Authority.