[Samba] net rpc vampire umlauts (äöüß) problem

Stefan Drees s_drees at arcor.de
Wed Apr 11 20:54:05 GMT 2007

I changed the charset to UTF8, but nothing changes.
Smbldap-usershow shows me the malformed umlauts,
with ldapsearch i get "displayname:: Qs19dnttIFRidKxlej==".

I tried to change unix charset to UTF8, ISO8859-1, ISO8850-15,
but the displayname doesn`t change.

I also changed the locales to UTF-8, UTF-8 at euro, de_DE, de_DE at euro,
but the displayname doesn´t change, too. net rpc vampire ignores the
settings.

Any other ideas?

Regards
S.Drees