[Samba] winbindd breaks after unsuccesfull foreign account authentication attempt

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Tue Apr 10 10:00:56 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to set up ntlm_auth for squid, using debian etch packages
(samba version 3.0.24).

I have faced a problem similiar to the one described in October 2005
under http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-October/112447.html.
Using version 3.0.24 I get exactly the same results as described in that
thread, even if the reason is supposed to be corrected in version 3.0.20.

I have found that the problem occures after squid is accessed for the
first time from IE started on a XP domain member by a user logged into a
local account instead of a domain account. After that happens, no user
can be authenticated anymore unless winbindd is restarted.

Does anyone know about a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Janusz