[Samba] Re: Fwd: Win32 services management?

Danny Tylman danny.tylman at insightix.com
Thu Apr 5 20:56:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am interested in implementing the 'createservice()' functionality
using the RPC protocol. I need this functionality badly, and I
understand it is not implemented.

I understand vaguely how this should be working and found some
documentation,
here: http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/articles/win_net_srv/
here:http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/articles/win_net_srv/well_known_named_pipes.html

and here:
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/articles/win_net_srv/msrpc_srvsvc.html.

I guess the issue here is to use the same method used in the 'net'
command ('net.c' - util) and try to call the rpc-client with just
different parameter as the above mentioned links state.

I don't have much experience in samba programming and I need to know:
(a) how complicate is that? should it be an easy task?
(b) I need some starting point.

(of course - if this is already implemented somewhere, i would be glad
to know!)

Regards, Danny.