[Samba] Help with samba on Solaris 9

Balaji TR balaje at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 20:42:39 GMT 2007

Hi,
Iam a newbie with samba-apologies in advance if I've missed out something
very basic.
Iam running Samba on Solaris 9-Its a pretty basic share, allowing a bunch of
users access to a particular file system-Security is set to user level. It
was working perfectly fine till I did a patch upgrade of the latest Solaris
9 recommended patch cluster. After rebooting the system, it doesnt let any
of the users in. Whenever I try accesing the share, I get the username and
password prompt, but it doesnt let me in-I know the password is right and
I've tried restarting the samba server a few times. I've checked the
logs-There is no log showing even my failed attempt to login. Having said
all that, I still feel that this could be something extremely basic - Any
help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Balaji.