[Samba] Accesserror when using smbpasswd

Michael Rignaz uluquai at inode.at
Sat Sep 30 13:21:01 GMT 2006

Hi there..

after removing,installing, compiling samba, removing and again
installing it using apt-get, smbd and nmbd wouldn't start anymore..
I then deleted all tdb's in /var/lib/samba, and reinstalled samba again.
Smbd/nmbd then started, but now when I try to add a user using smbpass
-a it it gives me an accesserror. Although all tdb's were automatically
created in /var/lib/samba.. they do exist there.

Please could someone tell me what might be wrong?

Thnx for any help!

Regards,
Michael