[Samba] Samba 3.0.23c panic

Bevan Weiss bpw18 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Sep 29 14:46:02 GMT 2006

Hi Volker,
I've reinstalled samba from scratch (by issuing rpm -e --nodeps
samba-..., then just yum install samba*) and that seems to have cleared
up the issue.  Not sure if it was a basic package update issue, but all
is sorted now.

The nmbd daemon was reporting as starting up but not actually starting
and I believe this may have been the cause of the problems ( as starting
it manually via command line nmbd -D) would then result in samba working
fine.

Regards,
Bevan