[Samba] Samba 3 PDC - trouble renaming domain member computer

Daniel Carmo Olops danielolops at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 29 15:33:31 GMT 2006

When the passdb is set to "tdbsam" or "smbpasswd",
inserting "rename user script = /usr/sbin/usermod -l
'%unew' '%uold'" and restarting/SIGHUP Samba
erradicates the problem. I think you must find out how
to rename a LDAP user from the console, and then set
the parameter above according (I don't have any
experience with LDAP, sorry).

[]s

> > De: "ryan punt" <rpunt at good-sam.com>
> Assunto: Re: [Samba] Samba 3 PDC - trouble renaming
> domain member
> 	computer
> Data: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:38:30 -0500
> Para: <samba at lists.samba.org>
>
> As it turns out, I've got the same problem with the
> 3.0.23c .debs (I was using 3.0.14a debian stock).
> Again, to summarize:
>
> Samba 3 PDC, using LDAPSAM.
>
> Group mappings are correct, my domain admins group
> has privileges:
> SeMachineAccountPrivilege
> SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
> SePrintOperatorPrivilege
> SeAddUsersPrivilege
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>
> Members of the domain admins group can join machines
> to the domain, but can't rename domain computers
> (either via netdom or the GUI). XP throws error,
> "access is denied."  Everything else work perfectly.
>
> I've filed a bug report, #4116.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

"Tudo o que sei é que não sei de nada" (Sócrates)