[Samba] GFS and samba

sandra-llistes sandra-llistes at fib.upc.edu
Thu Sep 28 14:09:48 GMT 2006

Hi Andrew,

We open a bug-request to GFS-developers and send an e-mail to
linux-cluster list but received no answers yet.
As I said the files aren't accessed simoultaneously, one Node (node1)
is sharing information about programs used in our university (share1),
this share is used by windows clients that only are connected to node1.
Other clients (Linux) connect to node2 that shares the same, but that
clients aren't accessing to the same information because the programs
used are different. Any idees in order to debug it?
It's good news to know that "clusterizable" samba is a proposal and I
will subscribe to samba-technical to read about that. I read too that
we can put samba configuration and files in the GFS filesystem in
order to "share" states,information,locks and so on.
We are mounting a test environment with two test servers, one GFS
filesystem and samba to see what configurations can be used to make it
working better.
Best Regards,

Sandra