[Samba] Cannot overwrite the Excel file

Kotaro Kawamura k-kawamura at wm.jp.nec.com
Thu Sep 28 10:52:48 GMT 2006

Hello,

I submitted following question before, however I'd like to ask you all
about the Excel file problem once again.
It seems that when overwrite Excel file, the client try to get ACL from
Samba and the Excel file is set to read only file.

I think the cause of this is like that the translation of SID fails due
to reset the w and x bit of the owner for some reasons.

Does anyone know this kind of problem?

>Hello,
>
>I have problem of saving Excel file on Samba share.
>After saving Excel file, it cannot save to the share any more.
>And also I got following message like:
>
>"The file was saved successfully, but saved file cannot re-open because
>of not enough memory available. Please close the file."
>
>I got this problem for Excel file only, other file e.g. Word file can
>save fine.
>The version of Samba is 3.0.1.
>Does anyone know this problem and either fixed or not?
>If it already fixed, please let me know from which version of Samba is
>fixed.
>Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Kotaro Kawamura