[Samba] how to add unicode support to samba-2.0.6

jack dang jacdang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:53:12 GMT 2006

it's a pity.
Japanese Version of Samba 2.2.x you mentioned does not support UNICODE
neither,
because in the source code,  all the reply functions are based on
single-byte string processing function such as strlen() , it cannot handle
the incoming multibyte strings.

Should I really have to take pains to substitute all the single-byte string
processing functions with mutibyte string processing function, and to do a
ASCII-UNICODE string conversion everytime the server recieves an incoming
packet that contains an ASCII encoded string?

Folks, any ideas of any simple ways?