[Samba] PAM vs smbpasswd oddity

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Wed Sep 27 21:01:10 GMT 2006

I've tried setting the security level to being from "user" to "share".
It now logs me in as "guest" from all workstations for some reason. Here
is the smb.conf file once again for all to review:

[global]
        workgroup = >snip<
        server string = samba file
        netbios name = Fileserver
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
        preferred master = True
        local master = Yes
        domain master = True