[Samba] AD replication with samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 27 20:35:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 22:25 +0200, Norbert Wegener wrote:
> googling around I found some interesting information about samba4.
> It is said, samba4 shall have an ldap server of its own, not openldap.
> Is this correct? If so, could this server fully participate in AD
> replication?

We understand parts of the AD replication protocols, and how to be in a
position to fully participate in the future.  Microsoft has recently
announced a 'read only server' for branch offices, and this is
attractive as a place to start in this process.

> Does a timeframe exist, within which samba4 shall arrive?

The development code is already available, but we have not set any firm
dates for alpha or beta releases.  I hope to release a technology
preview sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Andrew Bartlett