[Samba] GFS and samba

sandra-llistes sandra-llistes at fib.upc.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:20:41 GMT 2006

Hello,

We have two Fedora 5 Servers clustered with GFS. We installed samba
and exported the same shares in both of them.
All went fine at first, with people accessing to theirs own files and
so, but for some programs (minitab, matlab, ...) people need to access
the same file at once. Then samba begins to fail and clients hang. In
order to fix samba is necessary to restart the service. We've tried to
put the shares in a filesystem without GFS and all goes well, people
can access the same file without problems simultaneously.

Is a weird behaviour because the shares are exported from the two
servers, but we really only access files simoultaneuosly using the s
first server, the other server exports the shares too but isn't used
by that clients.

I don't know how to debug this problem to see what is happening. It
seems something related to GFS and Samba.
I have seen mails of people with samba+GFS problems, but we aren't
using the same configuration, and the GFS rpm are updated:
         GFS-6.1.5-0.FC5.1
         GFS-kernel-2.6.15.1-5.FC5.32
Any help will be greatly apreciated.
Thanks,