[Samba] how to add unicode support to samba-2.0.6

oota at mail.linux.bs1.fc.nec.co.jp oota at mail.linux.bs1.fc.nec.co.jp
Wed Sep 27 05:26:07 GMT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:11:51PM +0800, jack dang wrote:

> Actually, i'm porting samba-2.0.6 to my embedded system to whom the flash
> and memory are both very precious. What I want is to minimize the binary
> size (less than 2M), and my embedded system needs only the rudimentary
> features, such as read, write and basic authtication.
> I know samba-3.0.0 is the lowest version that supports UNICODE, but its too
> large for my embedded system.
> any ideas?

Japanese Version of Samba 2.2.x Support UTF-8.

Please get and test it.

ftp://ftp.samba.gr.jp/pub/samba-jp/

--- Oota Toshiya ---  oota at mail.linux.bs1.fc.nec.co.jp
NEC Computers Software Operations Unit      Shiba,Minato,Tokyo
OSS Promotion Center                        Japan,Earth,Solar system
(samba-jp Staff/postmaster,mutt-j admin,analog-jp postmaster)