[Samba] Samba 3.0.23b PDC vs NetApp

Brecht Samyn Brecht.Samyn at kulak.ac.be
Tue Sep 26 16:17:32 GMT 2006

Brecht Samyn wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a workaround for the problem when joining a NetApp filer to a
> Samba domain, running 3.0.23c (with ldap as passdb backend) ? I get the
> same error as Roy did. (
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.general/82340
>
> The OnTap version on my filer is 7.0.4.
>
> 2 years ago, I managed to join the filer (then running some 6.5 variant
> of OnTap) in our Samba domain.  The OnTap "cifs changefilerpwd " command
> worked, even after upgrading OnTap to 7.0.3. But now I did a "cifs
> setup" on the filer and that cleared the password. I'm not able to join
> the machine to my domain again.
>
> I tried to clear the password (smbpasswd -n and manually setting the 'N'
> flag in "sambaAcctFlags", and setting the ntlmv2 version of '' as
> password), without success.
>
> As I mentioned: I use LDAP to store Samba (and posix) account information.
>
> What can I try next?
>
> brecht
Follow up on my own mail:
I tried a tdbsam backend to do the join again: I
- created a machine account in pdbsam
- joined the NetApp (this works)
- "dumped" the info of tdbsam with pbedit (-v and -w)
- stopped ldap
- put the info of the dump in LDAP
- switched to ldapsam
- started samba
- "dumped" the info of ldapsam with pdbedit (-v and -w)

both dumps have the same info, except for the 'NT username' field (in
tdbsam is this field empty, in ldapsam is it 'plato$').

When changing the machine password, the filer says:
plato> Tue Sep 26 18:02:02 CEST
[auth.dc.trace.DCConnection.errorMsg:error]: AUTH: Domain Controller
error: NetLogon error 0xc0000022: - Filer's security information differs
from domain controller.

What other info (not displayed by pdbedit -v and -w) could be different
between pdbsam and ldapsam?

brecht