[Samba] Re: FC5. Samba 3.0.23a Win XP Pro SP2. Cannot logon from XP to samba on Fedora

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Mon Sep 25 16:21:15 GMT 2006

<< quote >>

  Hi,
I had similar problems upgrading from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23a. Try rebooting your
client machines, in my case Windows clients could connect to Samba again
after a reboot. Later I returned to 3.0.22 due to various issues with
3.0.23a. Recently I did upgrade to 3.0.23c and it seems to work well. My
advise, don't use 3.0.23a (at least on Fedora), either stay with 3.0.22 or
go for 3.0.23c.

Thanks,
  Leonid

  << unquote >>

  I normally take rpms from a "standard" Fedora repository - hoping they are compatible with other Fedora packages, rather than going to a product's site. However, I can't really make the samba situation worse than it is, so I will follow your suggestion and download 3.0.23c from the Samba site, install and see what happens.

  Clive