[Samba] winbindd and groups

Franz Strebel franz.strebel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:27:11 GMT 2006

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your message.  I'm using GNU/Linux with kernel 2.4.31.

Here's the output from wbinfo -r
10000
10001
10002
10004
10008
10020
10034
11847
11928
12171
12681
12682
12694
12835
12836
13053

My group range in winbindd is 10000-20000

Output of id is:
uid=17686(WHO-HQ-1\lamoureuxc) gid=10000(WHO-HQ-1\domain users)
groups=10000(WHO-HQ-1\domain users)

Checking on the group membership of the problematic user, I now see that
she is in the correct group, but she is still listed as a member of the other
group (the incorrect one).

To check group functionality in the local domain, I added the user to a group,
and sent HUP to winbindd so that it will empty its cache.  wbinfo still does
not list her as a member of that group.

Regards,
Franz