[Samba] Re: XFS and Group Quotas

andy liebman andyliebman at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 14:03:55 GMT 2006

michael at mikeit.com.au wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> I noticed your post on the samba list.
>
> Did you ever resolve it ?
>
> I have the same issue with 3.0.22 and XFS group quotas not working, did you
> ever find a resolution ?
>
> -Michael Carmody

I did not resolve it. I am still using 3.0.13 precisely because of this
issue.

As far as I know, you are the third person to report this problem. The
Samba folks asked me for some Level 10 logs, which I admit I did NOT get
around to  submitting. The other person who reported this last week
promised to send in logs and appears to have sent them in already.

They have been added to my original Bug Report, Number 3747.

What distribution are you using? It would be good to say if this is a
distribution-specific problem (maybe some distro builders are
mis-configuring Samba before they build it?) or if it is a general issue
with Samba.

I am using Mandriva 2006 and 2005. The other person who reported this
was using some version of Ubuntu.

Andy