[Samba] Mac can't connect to debian after upgrade to Samba 3.0.23

Giddings, Bret bret at essex.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 07:51:20 GMT 2006

Ron,

This might be the same as I am seeing on my debian boxes. Can you try
using the IP address of the server (or an alias) instead of the server
name when specifying the share. If it does work using either of these
methods, then I would be pleased to hear it. I did report this problem
both here and in the samba-technical list two weeks ago but haven't had
any response. Luckily, most of my users access their shares via aliases
so we can run with this problem in place. It is still a problem though
waiting to bite others!

Regards,

Bret