[Samba] Openldap-sasl-server versions and how to compile samba in Freebsd

Jon Theil Nielsen jontheil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:53:47 GMT 2006

Recently I have upgraded my server to FSB 6.1 and have therefore needed to
compile - amongst other things - the samba3 server from ports.
For other reasons, I would like to use the openldap versions integrated with
SASL. The newest version of the server is openldap-sasl-server-2.2. But the
samba port seems to insist in compiling openldap-client-2.3.27. So for the
installation to work, I have to delete the sasl-client that followed
the 2.2server.
I have tried to modify make.conf so the installation should use the "old"
version, but that doesn't work.
Is there any reasonable solution to this problem? Could I do something with
portupgrade, for instance?
Thanks in advance, Jon