[Samba] Write list problem

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Sep 22 19:50:31 GMT 2006

Ron Garcia-Vidal wrote:
> Dale Schroeder wrote:
>
>> If these are domain groups, perhaps this explains your problem:
>>

> Well, sort of.  The conf I posted was actually after some alterations in
> trying to fix the problem, the original conf looked like this:
>
> [danasFiles]
> comment = Whatever
> path=/path/to-files
> users="@DOMAIN+dana" "@DOMAIN+danaread"
> read only = yes
> force group="@DOMAIN+dana"
> force create mode=0660
> force directory mode=0770
> write list="@DOMAIN+dana"
> browseable = no
>

> Sorry about that.  Testparm indicates that using a + as the winbind
> separator can cause problems with group membership.  Might that be the
> source of my problem?

Possibly.  After upgrading all my Debian Sarge systems from 3.0.22 to
3.0.23c, I had to replace the "+" with the default "\" to get it to
work, but I don't think it's a universal problem. Maybe it's a Debian
thing. Unlike you, valid users worked fine for me.  (My biggest headache
has been username mapping in a security = ADS setting.)

Good luck,
Dale