[Samba] can't access Samba share when clocks skew is too great

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:45:58 GMT 2006

It is pretty standard behavior for encrypted authentication schemes to
reject authentication requests when the time deviation between the
client and server are too far apart. This is by design. It is basically
a timeout from Active Directory's perspective. You can use Active
Directory GPOs to configure clients to use NTP and you can also
configure NTP on your Samba server (use cron to sync time hourly if you
must). This should fix your authentication issue. If you need help with
GPOs or configuring NTP on your Samba server, let me know.