AW: [Samba] Excel Save Problem

Christian Nekola c.nekola at xion.at
Fri Sep 22 09:23:44 GMT 2006

Yesterday i compile a new samba version (3.0.23a)
unfortunately the same problem.

If i save a excel (or a pdf) doc on my smaba share, then all hangs. (90%
iowait 0,2% cpu)
I make sundries tests: samba tunning with socket options,... Oplock disable
on client, antivirus disable on client. Las service pack installtion on
client,.... Nothing change.

Very weird: i have two samba shares. A small share with 250 gb and a large
share with 750 (raid 5, drbd). Only on the large share hang samba when i
save a dokument on windows 2000. with windows xp are running all ok.
.i don't know why :(((((

Thanks you for any help
chris