[Samba] net command and modifying groups in AD

Norbert Furlani norbert.furlani at ericsson.com
Thu Sep 21 09:02:29 GMT 2006

Hi,

On my SuSE 10.1 linux server, I have successfully joined an AD server
(which I setup) and am able to create users and groups etc.. on the ADS
using the net command. My problem is I cannot (or at least I don't know
how) to add/remove users to groups on the AD from my linux box. Is it
possible to do this as I can't seem to find any literature on this? I am
running samba (and client) version 3.0.22.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to manipulate group memberships
from Linux on an AD server, that would be also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
//Norbert