[Samba] migrating smbpasswd backend to ldap backend

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:39:33 GMT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:31:11PM +0300, Peter Collins Wasenda enlightened us:
> btw, do i only have to migrate the backend when i move to ldap ? any
> other things to consider ?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head other than macking sure to
change your passdb configuration options to point to LDAP. Things pretty
much just worked, but YMMV.

Also, my script migrates the unix accounts as well, so you would have to
reconfigure your system authorization if you wanted to take advantage of
that as well.

Worst case scenario you can leave a copy of smbpasswd laying around and
change your passdb for a quick recovery.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics