[Samba] FC5 smbpasswd not working

Michael Martinez mikem at nmt.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:31:51 GMT 2006

This appears to be an incompatibility between samba 3.0.22 on FC5 and
samba 3.0.14 on the server. I was able to compile and run smbpasswd
version 3.0.14 successfully on FC5. (although it should be noted the
global "make" bombs out early on, and smbpasswd can be compiled only by
following the global make with "make /bin/smbpasswd").

Regards,

Michael Martinez
Engineering Manager
Tech Computer Center (TCC), Speare Room 128
New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801
(505) 835-5388 mikem at nmt.edu
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/
--
http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net