[Samba] migrating smbpasswd backend to ldap backend

Michael Martinez mikem at nmt.edu
Wed Sep 20 15:28:34 GMT 2006

We use the samba schema in openldap, which adds the following attributes:

sambaNTPasswod
sambaLMPassword

in addition to userPassword and some other samba password related
attributes.

The samba clients are configured to use our samba server, which is
configured to use our openldap server.

Regards,

Michael Martinez
Engineering Manager
Tech Computer Center (TCC), Speare Room 128
New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801
(505) 835-5388 mikem at nmt.edu
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/
--
http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net