[Samba] Problem logon to PDC

Cédric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Wed Sep 20 14:16:36 GMT 2006

Le lundi 18 septembre 2006 à 12:44 +0200, John Lauwers a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have setup a cluster system with drbd and heartbeat. I have samba running
> as a PDC. Everything works great when I am on server1 But when failover
> ocuurs I cannot seem to log on the domain anymore.
> I Have symlinks to my home share : /var/cache/samba , /etc/samba/ who are
> synced between 2 servers.
> Do I have to sync another files ??

I did a HA SAMBA print server with two nodes like this:
 - /var/lib/samba shared with DRBD. tdb files in /var/lib/samba are
backuped daily too with tdbbackup on the active node to have a copy if
they get corrupted
 - /etc/samba directories are csynced between the two nodes
 - every time heartbeat activate a node, /var/cache/samba is deleted to
make a fresh start. For a SAMBA print server, you don't need to
share /var/cache/samba. For a file server I don't know.

This was on Debian Sarge with Samba 3.0.21c, and it works fine for a
print server without authentication since months.

Hope this helps. Regards,

--
Cedric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 METZ - FRANCE