[Samba] Re: smbmount hangs Linux if Windows server goes down

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 04:21:54 GMT 2006

On 9/19/06, doug.beasley at skyworksinc.com <doug.beasley at skyworksinc.com> wrote:
> I know this is an old thread but I have been struggling with this same
> issue for a while now and was wondering if there was any resolution.
> --

the cifs module handles such situations gracefully in recent kernels.

smbfs has been deprecated for some time now, but I still find it
amazing how many people have not heard of it.  They need to run a
marketing campaign, or something.

--
Noah Dain
"I don't want to make toys, I want to be a dentist!"