[Samba] Adding Printer via "Run" vs "Printers and Faxes"

Patrick McLean chutz at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 19 15:36:31 GMT 2006

Hi

I am having a problem where if I try to add a printer by simply typing
\\server\printer in the Run dialog, I get a rather verbose error message
ending in "Incorrect Function". If I add the printer with "Add Printer"
in "Printers and Faxes" everything works fine.

(It looks like the same problem mentioned here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-September/125147.html)

I am running samba 3.0.23c.
I can provide full "log level = 10" logs of both methods of adding the
printer, my smb.conf and any other information that you might need.

PS: Please keep me on the CC as I am not subscribed to this list.