[Samba] Strange behaviour when joining the domain

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Fri Sep 15 13:56:10 GMT 2006

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:

> 	Hmmm, AFAIK, the master should be on the PDC. My best
> guest (if I understood correctly) is that your problem is the
> use of slave LDAP as PDC.

You're probably right, but the fact that I'll have more than one samba
server to be served by the same directory tree does not allow me to go
into this direction. I HAVE to stick with a master/slave scheme. Unless
you have a way to permit machine accounts to be created on a local
directory tree while users are on a master directory tree and replicated
locally.

I don't think I had any problem when I did my first testss. The ldap
database whas, in fact, locally defined.

--
Christian Tardif
Servinfo
christian.tardif at servinfo.ca