[Samba] re: Support of Samba on RHEL4?
gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 13:42:12 GMT 2006
I could not agree more with you.
BTW, perhaps you already know, but just in case:
If you want to see the patches applied to a package during its
history, and you don't need to dig into the sources themselves, you
can query the changelog for an rpm package without having to download
rpm -q --changelog package
for example for my samba-3.0.10-1.4E.2
rpm -q --changelog samba
* Wed May 11 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.10-1.4E.2
- include the -bug157208 patch. to close
bz#157208 CRM 511318 - smbfs dont respect uid and gid options when mounting
* Fri Apr 29 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com>
- include the -smbspool pattch from RHEL-3, to close
bz#155350 SAMBA client working, printer configuration not working
- include the -winbindd_2k3sp1 patch to allow Samba to authenticate
against a Windows 2003 SP1 machine. This closes
bz#154558 Winbind refuses to authenticate against Windows 2003 SP1
* Wed Mar 30 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.10-1.4E.1
- try the -gcc4 patch, to see if it solves problems with nmbd crashing.
bz#150582 ? nmbd dies when windows client requests browse list
* Tue Jan 04 2005 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.10-1.4E
- Upgrade to 3.0.10, to close bz#143983 This obsoletes
the -CAN-2004-1154 patch.
- Include the -64bit patch from Nalin. This closes bz#142873
More information about the samba