[Samba] Samba tuning advise

Fabrice.Davaine at AltisSemiconductor.com Fabrice.Davaine at AltisSemiconductor.com
Thu Sep 14 18:08:07 GMT 2006

Helo,

We use a big fileserver running Linux/Samba as fileshare.
We are facing performances problems for which we'd like some advise :

Clients are OS2(LanManager)  and windows 2000 reading and writing lots of
files in the same directory on the fileshare.
We currently have more than 80 000 files in the directory (files size is
about 100 Bytes).

Could you please advise us some Samba tuning you would apply in a such
situation. I'm sure you also have some
recommendations on Linux parameters like filsystem type, general
kernel/network settings.

Feel free to forward this to whoever who could help us.

Regards.
Salutations / Kind Regards
Fabrice