Re: [Samba] Winbind: User can read a file on server but not on a share

Marc Mühlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at web.de
Fri Sep 15 01:52:25 GMT 2006

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel schrieb:
> Are you sure about the trust part?
Yes. I followed the howtos. And I have both domains in my logon window and can see and search both domains in security dialog.

But meanwhile I found some information on the web that its not posible to run winbind on a samba PDC:

http://www.gatago.com/linux/samba/14515423.html
> Gerald (Jerry) Carter Date: 14-12-2005
> winbindd on a PDC only alloocates Unix ids for users and groups from
> trusted domains. Not its own domain.

So this don`t seem to be a way to set rights on a file/directory on one of my PDCs that can be accessed by users out of both domains. :-(

What kind of ways do left to do this?

Best regards
Marc