[Samba] Re: rppclient problem with cupsaddsmb

Guillaume guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:31:48 GMT 2006

> load printers? Is it yes
>load printers = Yes
> What is printing ? Is it cups?
>printing = cups
> What is happening with swat, are you able to choose a printer at printing?
>I dont understand what you ask for, but in swat i was able in the
printer section to choose the "share" named printer (seen in the
smb.conf as [printer]).

> What does smbclient -L localhost telling you?
>
> any printershares visible?

no printer share visible except print$
here is the dump:
        Sharename       Type         Comment
        ---------                ----           -------
        print$                Disk         Printer Drivers
        IPC$                 IPC           IPC Service ()
        root                   Disk         Home Directories
Domain=[VALINOR] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.23a-1.fc5.1]

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master
        VIRTUALPC

Thanks for your help!