[Samba] nt_status_logon_failure with samba 3.23c

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 14:59:25 GMT 2006

Hello,
    I'm uncertain as to whether this went through, my apologies if it is a
duplicate message.
    I've got a samba 3.23c box that i'm trying to get Ghost working with for
image storage. I'm using a dos networking client, created by the ghost boot
wizard for a rtl8139 nic. My problem is whenever i try to log
on to the machine i'm getting an authentication error. So, i tried to use
smbclient to access the share using the same username/password, which i know
is good because i use it to access shares from an xp box. This works fine, i
can mount the share as my normal user using smbclient.
I checked my logs and for the time i try to connect using the ghost boot
disk i'm seeing a session setup failed message with an
nt_status_logon_failed message. I'm also seeing a possibly related message
about not being able to pull in the browse lists on my server.
 I'm not using ldap or any database authentication,
i'm using security = user passwd backend of tdbsam.
    Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

[global]