[Samba] wrong colours when printing from Windows

Jim Shanks jim at shanks.cc
Wed Sep 13 14:13:54 GMT 2006

I have a strange issue with Brother MFC-5440CN printer.

When I print from Linux/CUPS, it prints colours fine.
When I print from Windows, using Windows drivers (without Samba), it
also prints fine.

When I print from Windows through Samba/CUPS (drivers added using
cupsaddsmb...), it gives me wrong colours:

expected | result
--------------------
yellow   | blue
blue     | red
red      | green
green    | dark-blue

It only happens from certain applications, like OpenOffice, Firefox, or
Internet Explorer.
When I print from Adobe Acrobat Reader, it gives me correct colours
(documents which gave wrong colours in OpenOffice, print correct colours
when exported to PDF and printed with Adobe Acrobat Reader).

I have Samba 3.0.20 and CUPS 1.2.1, the clients are XP SP2.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

We had problems setting printer options until we upgraded to cups 1.2.3.
Not sure if that's your problem, but it's worth a try.

Jim