[Samba] security with normal profiles

Thierry Lacoste lacoste at univ-paris12.fr
Wed Sep 13 11:28:01 GMT 2006

Following TOSHARG and "Samba 3 by examples" I implemented
Folder redirection plus some security restrictions by building
a custom NTUSER.DAT which is the default profile of my users.
The problem is that each user has read/write access to its profile
share therefore he can replace its NTUSER.DAT.

This is why I chose mandatory profiles.
Is there another solution?

The problem with mandatory profiles is that some settings are not
saved: for instance the Favorites folder; I did not redirect it because
I read in several books that only the Desktop, My documents,
Application Data and Start Menu can be redirected.

Is there a way to save Favorites with mandatory profiles?

Regards,
Thierry.