[Samba] Trouble compiling Samba 3.0.23c on Solaris 10

van der Werf, Bettina Bettina.vanderWerf at asgardwealthsolutions.com.au
Wed Sep 13 07:08:02 GMT 2006

Hi everyone

I'm trying to compile Samba 3.0.23c on Solaris 10.

I have...

- applied the latest Solaris 10 patch cluster
- installed autoconf and run autogen.sh
- successfully run configure with the following options...

./configure  --with-PACKAGE  --with-winbind  --with-pam
--prefix=/opt/samba

...but when I run make I get the following errors...
.
Compiling lib/sendfile.c
lib/sendfile.c: In function `sys_sendfile':
lib/sendfile.c:188: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
size
.
Compiling auth/pampass.c
auth/pampass.c: In function `smb_setup_pam_conv':
auth/pampass.c:422: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
.
Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
.
Compiling auth/iconv.c
lib/iconv.c: In function `sys_iconv':
lib/iconv.c:141: warning: passing arg 2 of `iconv' from incompatible
pointer type
.
...then I cannot build the package with makepkg.sh

I am using gcc to compile.

I have tried...

- unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- running configure with the -with-included-popt and -with-ldap=no
- compiling Samba 3.0.23b
- compiling on a different server

...but I always bet the same errors.

Any assistance at all would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Bettina

Bettina van der Werf
UNIX Systems Administrator
L38, Central Park, 152 St George's Tce, Perth, WA 6000
P: (08) 9415 5347 | M: 0405 094 945
E: bettina.vanderwerf at asgardwealthsolutions.com.au
Asgard Wealth Solutions
Advice.  Solutions.  Confidence.

                 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by way of reply. Please also destroy and delete the message from your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading on to any computer system.  No warranty is given or made by Asgard Wealth Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management Limited or SECURITOR Financial Group Limited that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error and they will not be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states they are the views of Asgard Wealth Solutions Limited, Asgard Capital Management Limited or SECURITOR Financial Group Limited, as the case may be.