[Samba] User homes problem

Neagul Marian neagul at info.uvt.ro
Tue Sep 12 19:11:28 GMT 2006

Hello,

 	I have a question about mapping users home directory's to samba.
 	The homedir layout is based on an old one used on NIS+ system. The
structure is something like:
 	/users
 		/group1
 			/user1
 			/user2
 		/group2
 			/user3
 		/group3
 			/group3_1
 				/user4
 			/group3_2
 		/group4
 			/user5

 	How can I configure samba to use this home directory's? The user
data is stored in LDAP (including the home directory and other
information not related to samba: qmail-ldap, courier, etc) ?
 	The only option I've found is something similar to:

 	path = /home/%U

 	Can samba retrieve the home directory from LDAP?

Thank You,

Neagul Marian,
Mobile: 0729 952 861
Work Phone: 0256 592 240