[Samba] allow creating files but not deleting

Pavan p.krishna at inlink.com.au
Wed Sep 13 01:35:14 GMT 2006

Hi,

   I have tried using the "chattr +i" to the files to solve the same
issue, but its getting more complicated in terms of management, and if I
do the same at the directory level, no one can create new files to that
directory, is there any better to achieve the same?? I have a common
directory which everyone can access, but its becoming a problem when
people delete the files and remain untraced as samba logging does not
log the user file activity.

Thanks in advance.

Pavan.