[Samba] One way sharing

Puneit Singh puneit.singh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 20:00:38 GMT 2006

Hi,
I am using Samba to share my computer over a windows network. I can access any
computer(there are over 400 computers) on LAN but no one can access. They
can't do it..
I am pasting the output of testparam for your reference..Any pointers will be
helpful
linux-fh4f:/etc/samba # testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[shared]"
Global parameter guest account found in service section!
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: passdb expand explicit = yes is deprecated
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
[global]
 workgroup = MSHOME
 netbios name = PUNEIT
 server string = puneit_singh
 security = SHARE
 map to guest = Bad User
 server signing = auto
 printcap name = cups
 add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c
Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
 logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
 logon drive = P:
 logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
 os level = 2