[Samba] Home dirs problem

Marian Neagul marian at info.uvt.ro
Tue Sep 12 19:18:33 GMT 2006

Hello,

        I have a question about mapping users home directory's to samba.
        The homedir layout is based on an old one used on NIS+ system. The
structure is something like:
        /users
                /group1
                        /user1
                        /user2
                /group2
                        /user3
                /group3
                        /group3_1
                                /user4
                        /group3_2
                /group4
                        /user5

        How can I configure samba to use this home directory's? The user
data is stored in LDAP (including the home directory and other
information not related to samba: qmail-ldap, courier, etc) ?
        The only option I've found is something similar to:

        path = /home/%U

        Can samba retrieve the home directory from LDAP?

Thank You,

Neagul Marian,