[Samba] Copying file failed

Benoit Delagarde benoit at season-of-mist.com
Tue Sep 12 13:08:29 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a Debian Stable (Sarge) with a samba to share file with windows
client.

All is working fine but 2 files generates errors when i try to copy it. The
transfer begins, but stops in the middle of the file, and freeze.

The error message is (French translation): <Unable to copy file_name.psd :
Network name is no more available >

I do not understand why I cannot copy those files from Samba. All other file
in this folder are downloadable, I can copy it using the Linux command cp,
ect... I also shared bigger file without problems.

To obtain it I have upload it on an FTP (from the server) and then download
on my windows, and the file come without error.

Does anybody help me? I can't found any valid raison for the problem.

I join the smb.conf.

Thank

  _____

Important:

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute,
disclose or otherwise use information contained in it. If this is the case,
please contact us immediately by e-mail : Reply to sender.

Errors and omissions may occur in the contents of this e-mail. The sender
accepts no responsibility for any such errors or omissions, and you are
advised to confirm the accuracy of its contents before relying on it for any
purpose.

To the extent that this e-mail is not an official communication of the
Company, the sender is acting neither as an agent, representative nor in any
other capacity for or on behalf of the Company.