[Samba] Samba domain member server does not see list of users from PDC

Bostjan Müller neonatus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 10:57:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have some problems with the following setup:
DOM1 (PDC) -> DOM2 (PDC) <->DOM2(Member server)

The users and groups from DOM1 (MS WinNT4 domain) are nicely visible
on Samba PDC (DOM2) with established trust, but domain member server
in DOM2 domain does not show any users from the DOM1 domain (only
users from DOM2 are visible), BUT!! users from DOM1 can login to it
and access shares upload/download files.
Member server is running winbind and it can see all of the DOM2 users
and groups with wbinfo and with getent commands, but NONE of DOM1
users or groups can be listed on it.

The problem is, that I cannot set any rights/ACL's on files because of that.

Can anyone please advise me as to what I can do to make users and
groups from trusted domain visible also on the member server?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Bostjan
--